Download An American Political Archives Reader by Glenn Gray, Rebecca Johnson Melvin, Karen D. Paul PDF
By Glenn Gray, Rebecca Johnson Melvin, Karen D. Paul
This e-book brings jointly in a single quantity the easiest and newest scholarship on congressional collections, delivering worthwhile details for associations constructing their political documentary assets and dealing towards better accessibility of political records.
Read Online or Download An American Political Archives Reader PDF
Best library management books
This interdisciplinary and foreign number of essays illuminates the significance and results of Indigenous views for museums. The participants problem and complicate the characteristically shut colonialist connections among museums and realms and urge extra activist and energized roles for museums within the a long time forward.
This publication is a advisor that leads the reader via many elements of a library's assortment together with the consumer, present holdings, choice, and acquisition of recent fabrics. The reader can also be ended in think about budgets, and the way books are made to be had in twenty first century markets. tools for assessing library owners are defined.
The present monetary predicament has had a drastic impression on either public and college libraries. As budgets slash, assets develop into scarcer, and the task of the librarian turns into tougher. The conundrum of doing extra with much less demanding situations even the main pro pros whose associations face provider cutbacks, upset consumers, and attainable task eliminations or closures.
This Festschrift quantity is released in honor of David Kahn and is the end result of a Fest held in Luxembourg in 2010 at the get together of David Kahn’s eightieth birthday. The identify of this books leans at the name of a major background of cryptology named “The Codebreakers”, written via David Kahn and released in 1967.
- Learning Commons. Evolution and Collaborative Essentials
- Responsible management of information systems
- Logic and the Organization of Information
- COM+ Programming: A Practical Guide Using Visual C++ and ATL
- Make a Big Impact @ Your School Board Meeting
- Privacy and Confidentiality Issues: A Guide for Libraries and Their Lawyers (ALA Editions)
Additional info for An American Political Archives Reader
The press officer was responsible for clippings, tapes, position papers, some speeches, and press releases. Duplicates were weeded, but otherwise these files were kept in their entirety. Other administrative staff did not keep separate files but helped to maintain the large central office file. This file included series entitled “Blue Slips” (copies of all letters sent, 35 feet); “Federal Government” (files of contacts with the executive branch, 56 feet); “Committees” (83 feet); “Cases” (51 feet); “General Subjects” (33 feet); “Acknowledgments” (7 feet); “Requests” (20 feet); “Robos” (form letters, 19 feet); and “Vermont Issues” (29 feet).
1. Are state legislators required to send their files to the State Archives, or is it voluntary? 2. If it is mandated, which State Code and section mandate this transfer? 4. If they are not required to come to the Archives, where do they go? 5. How regularly are these records transferred? 6. What are the most common types and formats of these records? ) 7. Are there any restrictions on the use of these papers? 8. Does the Archives make these records available to the public before they have been processed?
I was at least partially reassured that my suggestions to her office staff had been carried out. However, it was also very disheartening to realize that possibly a large number of files of high research value had been permanently lost. In retrospect, I can think of two aspects of the appraisal and accessioning process that I would have handled differently, given the insights that I now have. One would be to devote more attention to hands-on work with the congressional files in the office at the time they were being assembled for transfer to College Park.