Download CFO fundamentals : your quick guide to internal controls, by Siegel, Joel G.; Shim, Allison I.; Shim, Jae K PDF
By Siegel, Joel G.; Shim, Allison I.; Shim, Jae K
The thorough reference that is going at any place you go
The entire CFO Reference is the correct updated reference software for present day busy CFO, controller, treasurer, and different finance pros. Written in a simple structure and jam-packed with checklists, samples, and worked-out ideas for a large choice of accounting and finance difficulties, readers can take this useful reference anyplace they go-on a work trip, vacationing a consumer, engaging in a convention name, or attending a meeting.
- Covers all significant advancements in finance and accounting each CFO must find out about together with IFRS, Web-based making plans, and varying from monetary reporting and inner keep watch over to monetary choice making for shareholder worth maximization
- Includes tables, types, checklists, questionnaires, useful guidance, and pattern reports
- Incorporates Accounting criteria Codification (ASC) in the course of the publication, in addition to assurance of overseas monetary Reporting criteria (IFRS) and its impression on monetary reporting, XBRL reporting, danger administration and catastrophe restoration, Web-based making plans and budgeting, net 2.0, cloud computing, and environmental costing
Simplifying daily paintings in dozens of serious parts, The entire CFO Reference is definitely the right updated reference software for latest busy leader monetary officer (CFO), controller, treasurer, monetary director, budgeting director, and different monetary pros in public perform and personal industry.
Read or Download CFO fundamentals : your quick guide to internal controls, financial reporting, IFRS, Web 2.0, cloud computing, and more PDF
Similar managerial books
An cutting edge, new method of hazard overview and administration to help you discover numerous possibilities on your corporation If a enterprise desires to be sustainable within the twenty-first century, it may specialise in the continual advancements and power possibilities that possibility administration deals.
The larger a part of an HR finances is spent on recruitment and conserving stable humans is essential to a company's good fortune. This ebook includes crucial and up to date fabric round recruitment and retention together with these matters which are at the moment urgent on businesses with reference to flexibilty, returning to paintings, training and abilities shortages.
This ebook makes a speciality of how multinational businesses can plan and deal with their foreign company within the Gulf international locations. very important problems with accounting, auditing, finance, taxation, advertising, and managerial concerns are lined in all the chosen Gulf international locations.
- Inventory Best Practices
- Corporate risk management
- The power of accounting: what the numbers mean and how to use them
- International Business Control, Reporting and Corporate Governance: Global business best practice across cultures, countries and organisations
- Management Accounting Official Terminology, Second Edition (CIMA Exam Support Books)
Additional resources for CFO fundamentals : your quick guide to internal controls, financial reporting, IFRS, Web 2.0, cloud computing, and more
Future costs are accrued no later than the period in which related revenue is recognized. A bad debt provision for uncollectible franchise fees should be recorded in the year of revenue recognition. Installment or cost recovery accounting may be used to account for franchise fee revenue only if there is a long collection period and future uncollectibility of receivables cannot be estimated reliably. Footnote disclosure should be made of outstanding obligations, and franchise fee revenue should be segregated between initial and continuing.
SEC REGULATIONS What disclosures are required under Regulation S-X? In general, the accounting rules under Regulation S-X parallel generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). However, some disclosure rules under Regulation S-X are more expansive. For example, financial statements filed with the SEC require these disclosures, which usually are not included in financial statements under GAAP: ▪ Lines of credit ▪ Compensating balance arrangements ▪ Current liabilities if they represent in excess of 5 percent of the entity’s total liabilities What disclosures are mandated under Regulation S-K?
This approach is used with agricultural products, by-products, and precious metals when the aforementioned criteria are satisfied. It is also used in accounting for construction contracts under the completed-contract method. indd 30 1/18/2012 3:05:22 PM Financial Statement Reporting: The Income Statement ◾ 31 When can revenue be recognized in stages? Revenue can be recognized gradually as work is performed on a long-term contract. There must be an assured selling price and reliable estimation of costs.